Eligibility and Requirements
To be announced soon keep in TOUCH
an applicant must fulfill the following:
- Be a holder of a Bachelor degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning..
- Must have minimum points of 2.7
Post Graduate Diploma:
To be Announced soon
We are Admitting NOW
Degree Programs (3 Years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology;
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies;
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting; and
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in any two of the followings options:
Kiswahili, Geography or Linguistics.
Short Course Training
- Ministerial program (6 months).
- Applicants with form six (direct entry)
They are required to have two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points from two subjects that define the admission into the respective programs.
Note: The Principal or Pass grade at (VI) does not include Religious studies, except for admission to Bachelor of Theology and Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies.
- For Equivalent entry
The applicant must have at least four O-Level passes (D’s and above) or National Vocation Awards (NVA) Level III with less than four O-Level passes, or equivalent foreign qualifications as established by either NACTE, NECTA or VETA; and
- At least a GPA of 3.0 for Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6); OR
- Average of C for Full Technician Certificate (FTC) (where A=5, B=4, C=3, and D=2 points); OR
- Average of ‘B’ Grade for Diploma in Teacher Education; OR
- A Distinction for unclassified diplomas and certificates. OR
- Upper Second Class for classified non-NTA diplomas.
- Holders of a foundation Program from the Open University of Tanzania (OUT) with the GPA of 3.0 from the respective 6 core subjects and at least a C grade from each of the three subjects in respective cluster (arts, science, or Business studies).
3. For Ministerial Programs: (exclusive for lay church members). A Seventh Day Adventist member with ability to read and to write
Programs to be announced soon
Ordinary Diploma Program (NTA6)
- Basic Technician certificate (NTA 4) OR
- At least one principal pass (E) and one subsidiary (S) at advanced level (form VI) for old grading system. Or one pass (D) and one (E) for new grading system or 3 credits.
Basic Technician Certificate Programs(NTA 4)
- The applicant should at least have four passes (D’s) or 3 credits at “O” level
Admission in Progress for Degree Programs
Application for Bachelor’s Degree: - Apply direct online to the University of Arusha, by visiting our ONLINE PORTAL as follows:
June 15, 2021: for Mini-application window opened for previous years’ graduates; and
July 15, 2021: Major admission window for the 2021/2022 Admission Cycle. In case of any challenges, contact the office of admission for further assistance.
NOTE: - An applicant with equivalent qualifications who wishes to join bachelor’s degree, should make sure to verify her/his certificates through www.nacte.go.tz then click request Award Verification Number (AVN). The applicant will be able to get the AVN number through Online Award Verification System (NAVS).
NOTE: - Admission is denied without AVN number
Application for Ministerial Programs: - An applicant is advised to submit the application form at least three months before commencement of the intake which is January 2022.
Bachelor’s Degree: Kindly pay Tshs. 10,000/= then enter the Transaction No. into Transaction Confirmation Code field during online application process.
The Bank Account Particulars are:
ACCOUNT NAME: University of Arusha
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 014103004358
BRANCH: NBC Arusha
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 01J1098742000
BRANCH: CRDB USA RIVER.
Application fee is paid through M-PESA with corresponding details shown below:
- Dial *150*00# OK
- Choose number 4 Pay for M-PESA
- Choose number 4 Enter Business Number 259933
- Choose reference number (Enter your name e.g. Joyce Joseph)
- Enter Amount Tshs. 10,000/=.
- Enter your Pin Number
- Press 1 to Confirm
- After confirmation you will receive a message from Vodacom (e.g. "3GQ05BR3F4 1-06-2021 14:41:31 Pay bill to 259933 University of Arusha
acc. 259933- University of Arusha Completed TSH-10,000.00"). Then you will fill the MPESA code in Transaction Confirmation Code field during online application.
For Ministerial program (Application is free)
Tuition fee per year excluding other charges:
- Bachelor’s degree programs 1,495,000/= per year
- Ministerial program 460,000/= per year
Note: Fee Structure including all charges is available on University website www.uoa.ac.tz
The Office of Admission
University of Arusha
P.O. Box 7 Usa River - Tanzania
Mobile phone: +255 744592702 +255 653540000 +255 74652081
Any application made will only be considered if the University receives satisfactory evidence that the candidate will be adequately financed during his or her course of study at the University.
If accepted, students are expected to conform entirely to the University regulations. The registration deadline for first year students is two weeks from the first day of the orientation week. For continuing students, registration is one week according to the calendar of events.
Admission for Dismissed Students
Students discontue from one Faculty programon academic grounds may be allowed to apply into another Faculty after a lapse of one academic year, provide that the sponsor approves.
Students dismissed from studies because of examination irregularities may be considered for re-admission through the normal application procedures after three years.
Maximum Program Duration
The maximum number of years to complete the undergraduate program or graduate program is five years.A candidate who fails to complete an undergraduate program within the five-year period will be deregistered/discontinued from studies.