East Central Africa Division (ECD) Higher Education Consultative Meeting
The University of Arusha witnessed, the first of its kind, the assembling of all the:
- Vice Chancellors/Presidents and Rectors from the 11 universities in ECD
- Deputy Vice Chancellors for Finance from the 11 universities in ECD
- Deputy Vice Chancellors for Academics from the 11 universities in ECD
- Education Directors of the Unions in ECD
- Chancellors of the 11 universities in ECD
- Union Presidents from all the Unions in ECD
- Field/Conference Presidents from the North Tanzania Union Conference and South Tanzania Union Mission
- Chairpersons of Councils of the 11 universities in ECD
The meeting which was held from May 25-30, 2023 witnessed a 100% attendance, and was graced by the presence of the three Division Officers –the President, Executive Secretary and the Chief Finance Officer.
The meeting was stuffed with many academic, administrative, governance and spiritual presentations which paved the way for questions and answers, suggestions, comments, clarifications and even some logical arguments.
At the end of the meeting, the attendees formulated some resolutions to guide the modis operandi of university administrators, church administrators and institutional owners.